Monday, August 10, 2009

Ribbon Tutorial

To show you how versatile your ribbons can be we have copied a ribbon flower tutorial from the talented Lisa Pace's blog. Enjoy!

Ribbon Flower Tutorial
By Lisa M. Pace

1. Cut ribbon approximately 12 inches
2. Starting at one end of your ribbon weave your threaded needle in and out of the ribbon as shown (I thread my needle with the thread still on the spool. This way I don’t have to worry about not having my thread long enough or my ribbon coming off of the thread)

img_1383.JPG
img_1384.JPG

3. Continue weaving your threaded needle all the way to the end of the ribbon

img_1385.JPG
4. Once you are to the end of the ribbon pull the thread through the ribbon to make it gather

img_1386.JPG

5. Cut thread making sure to leave enough thread for you to tie a double knot
6. Gather your ribbon as tight as possible

img_1387.JPG

img_1388.JPG

7. Double knot your thread
8. Glue the cut ends of your ribbon together making sure the glued ends point to the underside of the ribbon flower

img_1391.JPG

9. Once the glue has dried flatten out your flower

img_1389.JPG

10. Adhere your button to the center of the flower (in my example I used two and placed one on top of the other) using a hot glue gun

img_1392.JPG

Have fun! The possibilities for these flowers are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment